NEW FOR 2022 - MODRY LAS GOLF RESORT
UNVEILS A RAFT OF IMPROVEMENTS
03/03/22 – It’s all go at Modry Las Golf Resort which is forging ahead with a series of developments across the property in readiness for the upcoming golfing season. For 2022, The PGA National Poland welcomes new accommodation options, the introduction of a luxurious spa in the clubhouse and the launch of a multi-purpose jetty for watersports around the fabulous Polish lakes.
The exciting developments at Poland’s only signature-designed golf resort follow a remarkable sixth win at the 2021 World Golf Awards and a nomination for this year’s event, as well as inclusion in Golf World’s latest rundown of top resorts and courses in continental Europe. With a fully functional 2,000m² clubhouse featuring 11 en-suite double bedrooms, a restaurant for over 70 covers, a conference venue and now a fully equipped spa, the resort is looking forward to welcoming guests from around Europe.
“We used 2021 to progress a number of important projects at the resort which included starting work on six new garden suites and the completion of our fabulous clubhouse which now offers guest facilities such as changing rooms, lockers and club storage,” explained Arthur Gromadzki, chairman of Modry Las. “The changes, which include work both on and off the Gary Player-designed course, is a further illustration of our commitment to continually improve what we do at Modry Las.”
The stunning clubhouse is now not only furnished with member and guest facilities, it also has a range of treatment options for those looking to pamper themselves after a round. These include wet, dry and infra-red sauna options and foot spas. These latest developments mean the clubhouse at Modry Las is now fully operational.
As well as completing the development of the clubhouse, Modry Las is also investing in six new garden suites which will be completed by the end of the season and provide year-round accommodation options. Located in an idyllic forest setting, the latest lodgings at The PGA National Poland expand its room provision by nearly 25% meaning that up to 62 people can stay at the award-wining resort.
“Since we introduced our garden suites back in 2015, the room options have proved extremely popular with our guests,” noted Gromadzki. “Although we’ve added more rooms during the intervening years, the team at Modry Las has sometimes found it challenging to accommodate everyone due to demand. That’s a tough position to be in, so we were keen to add to our room options with a new collection of garden suites which offer the same quality furnishings in rooms specifically designed for golfers.”
Elsewhere, a purpose-built jetty has been created adjacent to the clubhouse with the aim of encouraging water activities such as swimming and kayaking in the sheltered lakes. On the golf course, cart paths have been extended and a project has been initiated to replace grass-faced bunkers with revetted ones. As Gromadzki explained, the investment forms part of an overall strategy of infrastructure improvements.
“Modry Las is now in its 12th year, during which we have been committed to a strategy of persistent improvements across all aspects of the resort,” he said. “As we mature, so will our service offering and facilities. This is our ongoing commitment to our members and our guests.”
One of 11 new entries in Golf World’s latest rundown of top resorts in continental Europe, Modry Las was noted as having “flair and imagination,” with “unfussy course chalets” offering “a view of the manicured fairways and greens as soon as you pull back the curtains in the morning”. Modry Las also fought off competition from around Europe to be named in the top three resorts for value.
– Ends –
Notes to editors
1) Modry Las Golf Resort was officially opened by Gary Player and Poland’s Vice Minister of Sport and Tourism, Adam Giersz, on July 4, 2009.
2) Modry Las Golf Resort was ranked in Golf World’s Top 100 Resorts in Continental Europe in 2020 and in The Top 100 courses in Continental Europe in 2021.
3) Modry Las Golf Resort was the only Polish entry in Golf Journal’s inaugural Top 100 and was also included in the top 100 European golf courses by Golf World magazine in 2009 and 2011. In Poland, it has also received top honours from the country’s leading golf website www.Polishgolf.pl.
4) Modry Las Golf Resort was named Poland’s Best Golf Course at the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 & 2021 World Golf Awards. It is also nominated for Poland’s Best Golf Course at the 2022 awards.
5) In 2019, Modry Las Golf Resort joined a distinguished collection of the world’s leading golf resorts as The PGA National Poland. For more information about The PGA, please visit www.pga.info.
6) Gary Player and Gary Player Design have a portfolio of over 300 projects in 35 countries on five continents.
7) For more information about Modry Las Golf Resort, please visit www.modrylas.pl.